Monday, May 20, 2013

I Got the Squeaky Chair

Considering how often I find myself sitting behind a desk at the client site, you might be surprised to learn how much I loathe it. It's not that I don't want "face time" with the client - far from it! Rather, I despise the petty politics of cube life, especially when they don't mean a thing to me.


Take my chair. Please.

I know cube-dwellers place tremendous value in their chairs. And I realize that swapping chairs is one of the best things to happen when a co-worker is canned.

But why must I always be left with the old, squeaky rattle-trap? The one even the receptionist rejected? The one with mysterious stains straight up the center of the seat? The one "rescued" from under a cardboard box in the lunch room?

It's times like this that I fall back on Panera.

2 comments:

Gexton said...

If there is one constant in consulting it is the production of deliverables.
Consulting Advisory Saudi Arabia
Feasibility Study Consultants Saudi Arabia

Unknown said...

If there is one constant in consult it is the manufacture of deliverables

how to become a business consultant